A HUGE thanks to Diotima’s Ladder for nominating me for the versatile blogger award.
In keeping with the rules of the award, I will nominate some blogs (I can’t nominate 15 as time prevents me from reading that many), and provide 7 facts about myself.
Blogs I Nominate
- Diotima’s Ladder (philosophy)
- Selfaware patterns (science and learning)
- awesomeaustin (philosophical treatments of surprising topics)
- Stories & Soliloquies (philosophy and fiction)
- David Yerle (various topics, especially science; no new activity :()
Seven Facts About Myself.
- Although I don’t believe in ghosts, my breakfast was once stolen by them.
- The greatest gift I was given was the ability to appreciate simple pleasures.
- The second greatest gift I was given was the ability to enjoy learning.
- I believe contemplating intellectual topics (like math) can be a spiritual path.
- I want to find the “answer to everything”, but am unsure what form it will take. To this end, I often try to learn unifying truths that can non-vacuously reduce the space of facts in the world.
- I think ideas can be beautiful, even if untrue. As such, I can study, discuss and appreciate how they explain things without believing them. I think of this as on a par with aesthetic appreciation.
- I only write poetry when I’m upset. My latest (unfinished) work is “A Heapin’ Helpin’ of Hell”, which laments Ben & Jerry’s removal of my favorite ice cream. That this removal happened years ago, and I’m only now writing about it tells you all you need to know.